I was extra excited for the robotics club practice tonight. Not only did I have the new Vex IQ field provided but the PTO but also an additional robot! I had set the 2nd robot up with a 3-wheeled caster setup and altered the drive gears to make the robot extremely fast but lacking much torque. The robotics club was very excited to see some of the concepts we had discussed in action and put together the practice field.
Robotics Club Meeting Notes
Review of Previous Match
- A.T. – Pretty good but arms were flimsy
- C.J. – Good but team did not always follow strategy
- E.H. – It was kinda awesome
- H.S. – Pretty good, not best, could be better, arms broke some
- K.C. – Really good, lot of points scored, arms kinda flimsy
Strategy for Upcoming Match:
- A.T. – Keep last week’s strategy but work on finishing strong
- C.J. – Keep last week’s strategy but work on finishing strong
- E.H. – Keep last week’s strategy but work on finishing strong
- H.S. – Keep last week’s strategy but work on finishing strong
- K.C. – Keep last week’s strategy but work on finishing strong
The main point we discussed was finishing strong in the last match of the season. No modifications were made to the robot. We spent most of the night doing mock matches and the kids liked driving the fast robot but thought it was too hard to control.
Big Thanks to the PTO
The kids wanted to make sure the PTO got a big thanks! Thank you so much for getting behind this new program and really doing things to help us succeed.